by Bridal Wear // June 29, 2016 // No Comments
Perhaps you haven’t noticed the latest trend in wedding ideas. While you would think every concept known to man (or woman) has been used, there is still a fabulous one rising from the shadows. Grab your man and all his groomsmen for their moment in the limelight as ‘superheroes’.
The hottest weddings are hiding something underneath those man tuxes’. They are called superhero compression shirts, and they are living up to their name. If you want to up your wedding to the next level, these tight-fitting, toning, and muscle defining shirts are the golden ticket; especially if your groom has taken on the legend of Superman.
For the coolest wedding photos, have your groomsmen and groom pick out a unique superhero compression shirt and wear them under the tuxedos. When it is time for the photos, they can rip their shirts open to reveal each one’s special superhero. This makes for unforgettable wedding day photos. The concept seems to be highly revered by the men folk as well.
Women can be superheroes’ as these trendy shirts are available in women’s sizes and with an abundance of different emblems. If you want to go all out for a novel and entertaining wedding, try making the theme of your wedding about comic book heroes. Pinterest offers a gigantic well of ideas for pulling off a fun, and non-traditional memorable wedding, especially with this newest trend. You will find everything from the compression shirt collections to cakes to boutonnieres, all in true superhero styles.
Yet, there is a hidden benefit here which might even help you make up your mind easier. It seems bridesmaid dresses get worn once and then hung promptly in the closet. What you will quickly discover about adding the comic book novelty to your wedding photos is…that shirt is probably going to become his favorite new shirt to wear.
Why? Because not only are they the latest thing for weddings photo ops, they are also popular mainstream fashion and in any activity such as sports or gyms. In case you haven’t noticed these shirts look hot on a man, and that is supposed to happen with compression clothing. It has a way of toning, tucking and redefining the body.
The companies who deliver these compression products are making it quite difficult to ignore all the benefits of functional clothing. They also look fabulous on women instantly. On top of that, the competition has these companies scrambling to add new technologies and innovative patents on compression clothing, such as moisture-wicking and sun protection. If you are not familiar with the benefits of this type of clothing or what is available, you can learn more about it here.
Wear the beautiful-one-of-kind gown, choose how to wear a one tier wedding veil elaborate colors, and have the luscious five layer wedding cake, but don’t forget to turn the day and night up with all those superheroes hiding quietly and patiently underneath their perfectly pressed tuxedos.
by Bridal Wear // January 19, 2016 // No Comments
If you are looking for the best Toronto wedding venues, then you are in the right place. We are going to spend the next couple of minutes covering them in detail so sit back and relax this is going to be lots of fun. While we have done our level best to provide you with some of the best Toronto wedding venues this list is by no means all-inclusive so with that in mind it is time to start the list of what we feel are the top 5 wedding venues in Toronto however this list is no specific order.
5 Best Toronto Wedding Venues
- The Art Gallery of Ontario located on Dundas Street is one of the most unique places to host a wedding. The exhibits at the art gallery is top tier so you and your guests are going to have a splendid time especially if you love art and open spaces. There is ample room in the dining hall which can accommodate 300 people so this venue will surely meet the needs of most prospective married couples. Since the AGO is in high demand the costs associated with reserving this venue can vary depending on the time of year so it would be wise the moment you have your wedding date set to contact the Art Gallery of Ontario and secure the booking. You can find out more about their venue rental here.
- Graydon Hall Manor on Graydon Drive is another great Toronto wedding venue, this mansion was owned by one family up until the late 60’s when it was opened to the public. The building has gone through extensive renovations 13 years ago. From the satin curtains this place just oozes style and glamor. While Graydon Hall may look like it is from another time with the large fountains and opulent chandeliers you will be happy to know you can rent it and all 8 stone fire places for rates that range from,000-,000 per day depending on the number of people you have for the reception. Catering is provided on site as well so you do not have many things to worry about but this venue is not for everyone.
- King Edward Hotel located on King St East is a truly regal place, if you want to have a glitzy wedding then you should add this hotel to your list of prospective Toronto wedding venues. The hotel can easily accommodate 500 guests for cocktails and if you want to have a sit-down meal then you will be happy to know the venue can handle up to 180 people which should be more than sufficient for the majority of people out there. Once you see the ballroom you will surely fall in love with this place just remember to be proactive and book fast or you could miss out on your desired wedding date.
- Old Mill & Spa on Old Mill Road is one of the most iconic wedding venues in all of Toronto. According to the most recent statistics over 600 couples get married here each and every year which is nearly an average of 1.5 weddings a day. Whether you are looking for a private wedding chapel or garden you will be amazed by the beauty of this place especially with all of the urban sprawl inside the city. Wedding packages including catering can go up to 0 per person so it is quite affordable. If you are interested in finding out more about this venue, visit there site at http://www.oldmilltoronto.com/weddings-social-event-venue/.
- One King West situated on 1 King St. West is arguably the most amazing wedding venue in all of Toronto. What makes this location amazing s the vast marble structures but it is designed to promote an intimate setting which is ideal for weddings. The average wedding package here ranges from - per person so it is budget friendly especially if you are looking for a regal setting.
During the course of this conversation we have touched on some of the best wedding venues in Toronto but we have not addressed some of the most fundamental questions that each and every couple needs to before they tie the proverbial knot.
The very first thing you and your partner have to do prior to looking at any venues is think about whether you want your wedding to be religious or contemporary? This is a key question since it will have a direct impact in the type of experience you can have. One of the best parts of this exercise is you and your partner will learn how to compromise while at the same time better understanding the individual preferences that each individual has. Once you have decided on what type of theme or style you want for your wedding then the next step is to clearly define the maximum budget you have available.
Understanding the Importance of Defining a Budget
Marriage is the joining of two people who want to spend their live together however this is also one of the most financially challenging times. Since everyone wants to have a great wedding there is a powerful temptation to go “overboard” with the venue and catering. This overspending has caused a significant number of couples to fall apart so it is something that must be taken seriously or individuals could find themselves in dire straits. Having a budget does not mean depriving yourself of a great time but it will motivate you to get the best possible value for your money. If you are tempted to borrow money to finance this wedding it may not be a wise decision. While it is once in a lifetime experience it would not be smart to put yourself in serious debt that could take months if not years to pay back in full so start saving early so you can start your marriage off with a clean slate and a happy heart.
Start Making a Guest List
Now that you have a budget in mind you will need to create a guest list, this is a key step that cannot be overlooked or it will have a negative impact on your experience. Make a list of everyone you would like to invite then revise based on who you think will actually show up for the wedding and who will not. If you are having the wedding reception catered, you will need a headcount so the caterer will know much food to prepare and how much to charge you. Since each person has their own unique preferences picking the right caterer will have a direct impact on the quality of the experience so it would be wise to start screening prospective caterers as soon as possible.
Once you have identified a list of prospective caterers you have to schedule face to face meetings with them. During this meeting you can inspect their facilities to make sure it is up to your expectations. Now that you are satisfied with the facilities you can sample the food to determine whether it tastes great and will meet your needs and those of your guest. Since this is highly subjective you will need to visit a few caterers before making any choices. When you have identified a couple caterers that seem suitable based on the quality and taste of their food then you will need to look at their individual track records to determine which of these caterers has a superior track record and which does not. This is not a step you should overlook or you could end up having a wedding and no food being served! While this may seem impossible it does happen so it would be in your best interest to do your due diligence well in advance of the anticipated wedding date.
The most important take-away you will have from this conversation is to be flexible. Nothing in this world is perfect and if you insist on having everything “just perfect” then you could be setting yourself up for serious disappointment. By giving yourself some margin of error you will be able to adapt to changing situations which should help you make the most of what is arguably the most important day in your life. By following these suggestions and giving yourself ample time to plan for the wedding you will be relaxed and calm on what should be a spectacular time when two families join together and become one unit.
by Bridal Wear // January 19, 2016 // No Comments
If you are looking for the best Vancouver wedding venues, then you are in the right place. During the course of this conversation we will be looking at the top 5 wedding venues in Vancouver, British Columbia. Before we dive into the list we should note that the list is not in any particular order, we simply feel this is the top five venues to have a wedding in Vancouver so now would be a great time to begin the review.
Best 5 Vancouver Wedding Venues
- The Fairmont Waterfront located at 900 Canada Place way in Vancouver B.C. offers seating capacity for up to 590 guests. This is a 4-star hotel with a great location especially if you are having family and friends fly in for the wedding they can stay at the Fairmont Waterfront which should help reduce any travel anxiety they may have. Since the catering is on-site you will need to schedule a sampling with them to make sure it suits your preferences and those of your guests. The range for catering a wedding at the Fairmont Waterfront can range from -0 per person plus gratuities and this does not include the cost of alcohol which is also provided at the venue. If you are searching for a “turnkey” wedding solution, then you should consider adding this venue to your list of potentials however if you want a more “themed” wedding then you should continue down the list. Most people deem this to be one of the best Vancouver wedding venues available.
- Brock House Restaurant located on 3875 Point Gray Road is located on Jericho Beach and is regarded by some as one of the best places for an individual who dreams of a beach themed wedding. This venue starts at 00 for the rental then you can elect to have catering done by the highly talented staff at the Brock House Restaurant. Since this venue is one of the most popular in all of Vancouver you will need to book it well in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Paddlewheeler Riverboat Tours is another popular option for individuals who want to have a truly memorable wedding in Vancouver. What makes this a superior option is the breathtaking scenery you will get to enjoy as you travel on the Fraser River. The riverboat can easily handle between 20-80 passengers and can be decorated to suit the desires of the prospective bride and groom. Individuals who want to have a 1800s or 1900s themed wedding you can’t go wrong with this moving venue. The vessel provides sheltered and open deck space so there is something for everyone and the starting price is,400 so it is affordable. One of the main drawbacks associated with this type of wedding venue is the weather has to cooperate to have a truly memorable event. Since these riverboat tours are booked up well in advance you have to pray mother nature is on your side to have the best possible wedding.
- Science World located at 1455 Quebec Street is the destination for anyone who loves science and Sci-Fi you are going to find something that will truly amaze you. While this particular venue is not traditional it will surely provide both the married couple and their guests with wonderful memories. Since this venue can easily accommodate up to 1,400 guests however if you are providing a proper reception with food then the rooms can house up to 200 guests. The starting price range for Science World is,400 and that can increase depending on the type of cuisine you want to serve during the event. Since this is a very popular destination and venue you will need to be proactive when trying to make a booking that matches your anticipated wedding day.
- Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier is situated at 138 Victory Ship Way and provides one of the most breathtaking views in all of Vancouver. There is over 9,000 square feet of banquet space available so there is room for very large groups. If you are seeking out one of the best wedding venues in Vancouver the you should consider signing up for the “Crystal Plated Dinner Package” which is intended for receptions with 75 or more guests, the price for this type of venue runs in the range of per person plus gratuities.
Vancouver Wedding Venue Tips
While we have touched on what we feel are some of the best Vancouver wedding venues we still need to discuss some of the key steps you have to take when planning the most important day in your life. By completing this checklist, you should be able to manage the stress that is common when getting married.
- Where do you want to get married? This is a personal question and while we focused on Vancouver as the location there is a plethora of places in and around Vancouver so there is no shortage of options available to you. In order to figure out which venue is the right one you and your partner will need to discuss what type of theme you want to have, once that has been established then you can proceed to the next step.
- Do you have a budget defined? This is another very important question to address and while no one wants to talk about money when it comes to getting married it is a very important topic that has to be discussed or it can lead to complications and frustrations. While you do not need a million-dollar budget to host a great wedding you will need to have enough cash in place to cover the venue and meal. If possible, try to give yourself enough time to gradually save up and no matter what do not go into debt. Debt is one of the most common reasons that relationships suffer so do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs.
- How many guests do you want for your wedding? This is a pretty important question since it will have a material impact on which venues are viable and which are not. Due to fire code requirements you have to have a tentative guest list in mind so you can rule out wedding venues that simply cannot accommodate your wedding. There could be situations where the venue is too small or large so try to get at least a ballpark headcount in place.
- Is your wedding going to be religiously based? If you are having a religious wedding then you will need to book the priest, minister or imam to conduct the wedding in accordance with your faith. There will be some venues that are not suitable due to the religious nature of the wedding for example at most Islamic weddings there cannot be alcohol or pork served. For Jewish weddings the food has to be Kosher or it cannot be served as well. All of these sensitivities have to be taken into consideration if you are having a religious component to your wedding.
- Identifying the best caterer for your wedding reception is not a question but a key task you should put on the top of your list. Since you are going to serve food it has to be top tier and while the venues we mentioned do have top tier catering there are some venues that do not. You should make it a priority to sample all of the food the caterer intends to serve before you make a decision on whether or not to engage their services. Having great tasting food is important but you have to carefully screen the prospective wedding caterer to make sure they can deliver results on time and budget. The last thing you want to experience is a wedding reception where the caterer underperforms or does not even show up at all! To protect yourself from this type of scenario you really need to review the testimonials left by other couples that hired the caterer in the past. It would not be smart to deal with a caterer that has less than a pristine reputation given the importance of the event, where two lives become one.
If you have read this far you may feel a little apprehensive about planning a wedding but if you break it down, there are only a few key steps you have to follow and everything will go fine. Do not let planning the wedding distract you from the most important part of the day which is standing before everyone you love and pledging yourself to them. This affirmation of love is the main reason everyone is coming together. By sticking with all of the suggestions we have outlined you should be able to have a truly memorable wedding that will go down in the history books.
by Bridal Wear // September 30, 2015 // No Comments
Weddings are certainly one of the most exciting and precious moments in anyone’s life, but it can also be stressful if you don’t have a wedding checklist to mark off what you have done to see what you need to do. So to save you a bit of stress, we’ve created the ultimate wedding checklist, which is based on a 12-month engagement, to keep you on track and at the same time, enjoy the process more.
9-12 Months Ahead
- Set your budget. Sit down with your fiancé and talk about how much you should spend for your wedding. It’s also a good idea to decide ‘who will pay what’ so both of you will know what to expect and at the same time manage your budget even better.
- Select the wedding date and reserve the venues. Pick a wedding date that’s not only significant for you, but something that will work well for everyone involved. Once you picked your date, it’s important to also book the venue for your ceremony and reception as soon as possible as popular wedding venues and hotels are usually fully booked one or two year in advance.
- Pick your wedding party: maid of honor, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, ring bearer, etc. Once you’re engaged, your family and friends will start wondering who will be involved in your wedding ceremony, so it’s best to also select your wedding party at the earliest stage of planning.
- Begin compiling your guest list. Start listing the people you will invite. This is very important to give you an idea how much to spend on your wedding. This will also help you select the right venue for your wedding reception.
- Hire a wedding planner or coordinator, if desired. This is certainly optional. If you have family members and friends who can help you plan your wedding, then it’s okay to not hire one. But if you have the budget and want to ensure that everything will go smoothly, then hiring one is recommended.
- Research potential wedding pros: photographer, videographer, band or DJ, caterer, florist, make-up artists, hairstylist, etc. Start searching for all the professionals who will handle some of the most important tasks at your big day. The thing is, there are so many options out there; and if you haven’t planned any party before, you might just get overwhelmed with the vast options; so start your research now.
- Start browsing for your wedding dress. It’s also important to browse wedding gowns as soon as possible to get an idea what to wear on your wedding. This will also give you a lot of time to compare, shop, and find a designer/tailor (if desired).
- Send save-the-date cards. This is particularly important if you’re planning to get married in a distant location or you have guests that live far away. Save-the-date will give you and all your guests an ample time to get ready for a distant travel.
6-9 Months Ahead
- Start hiring your team of wedding pros. Well, there’s no need to talk about any specific details about the wedding yet, but at least make sure that the vendors that you want to work with are available for your wedding.
- Find and book your officiant. A wedding officiant is that one who leads the wedding ceremony. Contact the person in advance and schedule meetings before the wedding.
- Choose bridal party attire. Of course, you would also want to think about how your bridesmaids and groomsmen will look the day of the wedding. Include them in the selection process to make the task less overwhelming.
- Select and order your wedding gown. It usually takes months to create and deliver a wedding gown, so it’s very crucial to order it as soon as possible. Selecting your gown in advance will also give you enough time to make alterations if needed.
- Register for gifts. You should also sign up for gift registry to avoid any duplicate gifts and make sure that you get what you really want.
- Choose cake design and schedule menu tastings. Schedule menu tastings to ensure that the food is great.
- Research and reserve accommodation for guests. If you’re expecting guests from distant places, you definitely want them to have a nice place to stay.
- Create a wedding website. This is totally optional, but it is also considered important today. With a website, not only you can post pictures of you and your fiancé, but you can also include important information of your wedding, which your guests can find useful, including directions on how to get to your venue, RSVP forms, and any important changes about the wedding.
- Start planning your honeymoon. Discuss with your fiancé where you would spend your honeymoon. Planning ahead will give you enough time to set your budget, get your desired accommodation, and prepare the documents you need for the travel, such as passport and visa.
4-6 Months Ahead
- Finalize your guest list. Decide whom to invite. If you’re on a tight budget, only invite those who are truly most important to you.
- Reserve any items needed for your wedding ceremony and reception. Book everything you need for your wedding ceremony and reception – from tables and chairs to lighting components and speakers.
- Meet with your officiant. Talk about the details of the ceremony – the prayers, readings, order of events, and so on.
- Select and purchase wedding invitations. Search for the design of invitation you want, then find a designer who can make them. If there are any changes you would like, inform your designer.
- Finalize and purchase wedding party attire. Order the dress and attire for your wedding participants as early as possible as alterations may also be required.
- Purchase your accessories and start dress fittings. Also start shopping for your wedding accessories, such as shoes and jewelry. Then make sure to bring them with you during your first fitting so that you and your tailor will better determine any necessary alterations.
- Decide on favors and gifts for your party. If you have budget for party favors, then you should start thinking about them at least 4-6 months before the wedding. This will give you enough time to prepare them or find a vendor who will make them.
- Choose your music. Wedding songs are extremely important, so start making your list as early as possible. Decide what should be playing when you walk down the aisle, when the party is announced, or when the food has arrived.
- Schedule trial-run appointments with your makeup artists and hairstylists. Make a few appointments with your makeup artists and hairstylists so that you’ll get an idea how you will look at your big day.
- Book your hotel room and arrange your transportation. Reserve a room where you would stay the night after (or even before) the wedding. Also book transport for the big day; you can choose whatever you prefer – limousine, car, minibus, or trolley.
2-4 Months Ahead
- Mail your invitations. Send out your invitations so your guests can finally better prepare about their travel and gifts.
- Book rehearsal-dinner venue. If you’re planning to have a pre-wedding ceremony the night before the wedding, book the place where you want to celebrate it, at least 2 months in advance.
- Finalize the menu and flowers. Talk with your caterer and florist about the service details.
- Finalize the order of the ceremony. Meet with your officiant and wedding coordinator, then discuss and finalize the details of the ceremony.
- Meet with your vendors. Once the details of the event are finalized, meet again with all your vendors to inform them about the details. This will allow them to prepare better as well as make any necessary changes.
- Write your wedding vows. If you want to write your own wedding vow, start making it now.
- Purchase the rings. At least 3 months before the wedding, you should start shopping for wedding rings. This will give you enough time for resizing and engraving.
2-8 Weeks Ahead
- Apply and obtain your marriage license. Start working on your marriage license and other necessary paperwork.
- Review final RSVP list and notify your coordinator. Call any guests who have not yet responded so you’ll know what to expect. Once you have the final head count, notify your coordinator and caterer.
- Make any last minute adjustments with your team of wedding pros. Again, meet with your vendors and confirm all the necessary details. If there are any changes that you think need to be made, tell them.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations and start packing. Call the hotel or resort where you plan to spend your honeymoon and confirm your reservations; then begin packing for your vacation.
- Get final haircut and color, if desired. If you want to color your hair or get a haircut, schedule it at least 2 weeks before the wedding date.
- Have your final dress fitting. Again, don’t forget to bring your shoes and accessories with you on your final fitting.
1 Week Ahead
- Prepare final payments to your wedding vendors. Organize the money to be paid to all your vendors and suppliers.
- Pick up your dress. Get your dress. Or if you don’t have the time, make an arrangement to have it delivered to you.
- Break in your shoes. If your shoes are new, you would want to try them first, or better yet wear them around the house, maybe at least a few hours a day to become comfortable with them.
- Delegate small wedding-day tasks. Everybody wants to have a perfect wedding event. Assign some tasks to your friends and family members to ensure that everything will go smoothly at your big day. Choose someone who will be in charge of the gifts, who will look after the party favors, who will carry your things, and so on.
- Relax and let your coordinator do his or her job.
- Stay calm and enjoy your special day.
Of course, we know that not all weddings are the same. Depending on your specific circumstances, you may want to skip some of the tasks mentioned – that’s totally okay. Likewise, you can add some tasks (that you think we missed) if you desire. This wedding checklist is just a simple guide to help you get organized. And don’t stress out if you aren’t able to finish a task in the timeframe specified above, just relax and complete it when you can.
by Bridal Wear // September 30, 2015 // No Comments
Wedding invitations are one of the most important elements of your big day; so obviously, you want it to stand out. Wedding invitation quotes along with selecting the best design that matches your personality and wedding theme, as well as picking the right wording to describe your invitation basics, such as names, date, and venue, will make your invite a little more memorable. Here are a few wedding invitation quotes and love phrases that can make a beautiful addition to your wedding invitation:
- “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
- “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me.” – Roy Croft
- “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
- “I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.” – Ronald Reagan
- “You don’t find love, it finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what’s written in the stars.” – Anais Nin
- “Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth for the other…” – Apache Marriage Blessing
- “When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” Arrigo Boito
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.” – Unknown
- “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”
– Mignon McLaughlin
- “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love – true love.” – Robert Fulghum, True Love
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
- “Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.” – St. Augustine
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
- “Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.” – Anonymous
- “The spaces between your fingers were created so that another’s could fill them in.” – Anonymous
- “Love is not just looking at each other; it’s looking in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “The highest happiness on Earth is the happiness of marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
Adding love quotes to a wedding invitation just give the invites a special touch. Everyone loves to hear quotes that are inspiring and breathtaking so why not add one on yours.
by Bridal Wear // September 29, 2015 // No Comments
Are you interested in being a wedding planner but not sure how much they make or what they do? A wedding planning salary is never consistent, it depends on the time of year, the amount of clients, how big the project (wedding) is and your reputation.
What do they Wedding Planners Do?
Wedding planners have a very detail oriented job. Depending on what there tasks are they will either be with the client for the whole wedding planning process or in most cases are just with the client for the month of the wedding to help with all the last minute details. The day of the wedding is when the wedding planner has a chance to shine. This is where you would make sure everything runs smoothly from start to finish.
Here are a few things you may do on the wedding day:
- Ensure the bride and groom have their flowers
- Flowers are delivered and placed on the correct tables at the reception and the ceremony.
- Ensure the minister, DJ (or band), bridesmaids, grooms men, bride, grooms, parents of the bride and groom, caterer and bartenders are where they need to be and the task that they need to do.
- Make sure speeches are on schedule and dinner and dessert are served on time.
The Wedding Planner Salary
Wedding planners are usually self-employed. It is very rare that the planner is associated with a company. Considering that, most planners earn based on commissions as opposed to a fixed monthly income.
It is definitely hard to make exact calculations as to the amount that a self employed individual such as the wedding planner to compute. As per some researches and study made, about 000 on the average is the wedding planner salary. The figure acquired is only an estimate amount in general. It is likely that these individuals can make more than 000 each year or more. In line with that, it can also be possible for wedding planners to only earn less than,000 each year. Hence, their salary is a case to case basis.
The figures that the wedding planners make can differ depending on the markets where they worked for. There is also a definite charging method of such professionals. For an entire service to plan a wedding that consist of consultation, planning and coordination of the event as well as management, they can charge 10% to 20% of the entire cost of the wedding. Read more at http://ezinearticles.com/?Romance-For-Hire—Do-Wedding-Planners-Work?&id=975961
Different factors that may impact the salary
The two major factors that can have an effect on the salary of the wedding planner would be their experience and reputation that they hold. If the wedding planner is known in the area, he or she naturally asked for higher rates. The educational background is not a huge factor since anyone who can successfully plan an event can be a wedding planner so long as he has a track record to prove. A professional and experienced wedding planner has connections. These connections are with the food caterers, photographers, decorators, florists and others. Since they have established connections with the supplies needed for the event, they can get the best rates from them and can also offer exactly what their clients are looking for. Since the wedding planners knew where or who to contact for an event, it can also increase their salary.
Tips on being a Wedding Planner
A big tip for being a wedding planner is to establish a big client list. You will only get jobs if people know about you. The best way to get jobs is word of mouth. If you do one wedding and it went smoothly, chances are the bride and groom will recommend you to their friends and that could lead into more jobs. One of the best ways to get yourself established if you are new is to get yourself on the internet. Lots of people in today’s age go on the computer to try and find services. Create a website that has your costs, pictures, a description about yourself. For starting price on your service look around and see what other wedding planners are charging and set yourself way lower then that. This will help to get your first job. Another tactic you can use is to go to different wedding vendors and introduce yourself and market yourself to them. If they are established and do weddings they could always recommend you to their clients.
by Bridal Wear // September 29, 2015 // No Comments
Are you looking for a stress free wedding? Would you like to just relax and enjoy the day? If that is the case, then you may want to consider hiring a wedding planner. Having a wedding planner can help make the event effortless yet making sure that everything will run smoothly like you want it. The thing is, most couple would not bother to hire one as they are afraid that it would cost them a fortune. Many would think that they would rather spend the money on something else than to pay for the wedding planner salary. However, in reality, not all couple has enough time to plan for a big event. This is why, it would be advisable to simply contact a reliable wedding planner.
The Wedding Planners Role
The role of the wedding planner is the organization and coordination of the event. This includes managing and making sure that the dream wedding of the clients will be provided on their special day. Often times, wedding planners are self-employed. The wedding planners responsibility usually includes:
- helping to find and secure vendors and venues
- help to guide the bride on when things should be completed
- keep in contact with the venues to ensure they know their task/duty and where/when they need to be places on the wedding day.
- They can help with décor ideas, seating plans, set up of the venue.
- On the day of the event, they are a scheduler, they ensure everything is going on time and are there to assist if any problems arise.
- They help to ensure that you do not need to lift a finger on the wedding day.
How Much Do Wedding Planners Cost
The cost depends on a couple factors, how long you need them, your location and seasonality of the wedding. Most brides and grooms usually hire a wedding planner just for the month of the wedding as that’s when a lot of the work comes together and needs to be done. Depending on where you are located, the cost will vary. Some cities have very few so the cost is higher while some have lots so they compete with prices often making them cheaper. Summer months tend to be busy for wedding so costs are higher where as in winter the costs are lower as their isn’t many.
Cost for the month of the wedding:
- Vancouver, BC ,500+
- Edmonton, AB 0-1,500+
- Red Deer, AB & surrounding areas 0-1,000+
- Calgary, AB 0-1,500+
- Saskatoon, SK 0-1,000+
- Regina, SK 0-1,000+
- Winnipeg, MB 0-1,000+
- Waterloo, ON 0-1,000+
- Toronto, ON 0-1,500+
- Niagara, ON 0-1,500+
- Montreal, QC 0-1,500+
- Moncton, NB 0-1,000+
- Charlottetown, PE 0-1,000+
- Halifax, NS 0-1,000+
- St. John’s, NL 0-1,000+
Wedding planners are definitely not necessary and if you are try to keep your costs down, then you may choose not to have one. However if you are busy working or have other prior engagements and wont find a lot of time to plan the wedding then I highly suggest a wedding planner.
by Bridal Wear // September 29, 2015 // No Comments
Wedding invitations are one of the most important pieces to a wedding. The pocket invitation is becoming more and more popular for weddings. There are so many details you have to give your guests; RSVP cards, directions, invitation, accommodation cards etc. Since there are different pieces of paper you need to give them, the pocket invitation gives you a neat way to display the information in an appealing way. A lot of work goes into making these so why not make them perfect.You may choose to have your invitations go with the theme you are having for the wedding whether it be rustic invitations, fall invitations etc. There are invitations that are laser-cut, lace type, ribbon, layered and others. Among the latest of its kind would be the pocket wedding invitations. You can read more about pocket invitations here.
Style selection of invitation can be a challenge as there are many to select from. It should be the one that would suit the theme of the wedding. On the internet, there are quite a few sites that offer cheap pocket wedding invitations. Each offers several designs, price ranges and customization options for the bride and groom to choose from.
This site offers several kinds of wedding invitations. They specialize in pocket wedding invitations. The typical size of their invitation is about 5 inches when folded. What’s so great about the site is that they offer color customization on the several kinds of invitations that they sell. Several swatches are available for the clients to see and apply it instantly for quick preview. Discounted price is offered when invitations are purchased per 150 pieces only for.49 each.
Wedding Paper Divas
On this site, several kinds of invitations can be ordered and not just limited for weddings. They do not specifically provide pocket wedding invitations yet they offer quite the same size of the pocket size invites. Customers are free to select different designs, themes and colors. Of course, font customization and print type is also permitted to be customized. They offer as low as.49 per piece of invitations and when you order on sale, you can even get it at a lower price. Check out these cheap Hip, Modern, Exclusive Wedding Invitations!
Elegant Wedding Invites
At Elegant Weeding Invites, only wedding invites are offered. They have several kinds of invitations and also sell pocket wedding invitations. The site offers quick design selection as well as clients can choose by theme, style, color and season. Hence, the choices are quite a few. They offer as low as.69 per piece of invites. Customers can also view their Weekly Sale tab that offers as much as 10% discount on their purchases. I would suggest signing up and waiting until there is a good discount before you purchase your invites, this way it will save you a bit of extra cash that you can use elsewhere in your wedding budget.
Wedding invitations are naturally part of the entire wedding preparations. This may seem not important or unnecessary for others yet this mark as the first step towards the big event of the soon to be wed. It is a piece of paper that can serve as the reflection of the soon to be bride and groom that will be in union through marriage.
by Bridal Wear // May 1, 2015 // No Comments
Many women find that the wedding dress is the most important part of the wedding ceremony, even more so than the ring or the vows exchanged. This leads quite a few brides to obsess over picking the perfect wedding dress that will pronounce their figure in the best way possible, all the while hiding any potential flaws that might be present.
Indeed, a beautiful wedding dress is considered to be an integral part of every wedding ceremony, and each bride should place careful thought into what she’d like wearing most on the big day. However, there is a seemingly overwhelming amount of styles and fabric types to choose from, and choosing the right dress can be a tedious process, especially for perfectionists.
Choosing the right style for your body and overall preference
A wedding dress, more than any other piece of clothing, should be made to bring out the best version of you, as it will be worn on what might end up being the most important day of your life. When you are wearing your wedding gown, you’ll want to feel as comfortable and as beautiful as possible in order to radiate energy and joy.
To start things off, we will describe some of the most popular types of wedding gowns and how well they work for different body types. When choosing, try to find a balance between a wedding dress that looks good on you and one that you find to be most appropriate and of a dazzling design. Many of the wedding dress groups revolve around the upper part of the gown and its features, although some also refer to other areas of the dress.
- A sleeveless wedding dress, like its name might imply, has no sleeves or only has those that don’t go past the shoulder. Knowing whether you should go for this dress depends on the appearance of your upper arms, as they will be exposed and, in fact, one of the few parts of the body not covered by the dress.
If you believe that your upper arms are toned and aesthetic enough or, at the very least, not holding too much extra tissue, this is definitely an good type of dress that can let others know you take care of your body. If, however, you aren’t satisfied with the appearance of your upper arms, you might want to go for a wedding dress with elbow-length sleeves.
- A long-sleeve wedding dress features sleeves that go all the way to your wrists. This is the most traditional form of wedding gown, and the sleeves themselves can vary significantly – they are usually either lace or transparent, but combinations are also available. A dress with long sleeves is usually chosen by women who love the look of old wedding gowns, and often work best with lavish ceremonies, especially those happening inside a church.
- A strapless wedding dress is one without straps over the bride’s shoulders. These straps are there both for aesthetic and functional purposes: they add a certain level of comfort by making the bride feel less exposed but also prevent the dress from potentially sliding down constantly.
Some women find that strapless wedding gowns don’t allow enough modesty, while others believe they add a nice modern touch to an old ceremony. Before opting for a wedding dress without straps, make sure to try walking around in it to make sure it’s not falling off your body – if it is and a smaller number is too tight in other places, you might have to go for a differeng down altogether.
- Similar to a strapped wedding dress, a halter gown replaces the shoulder straps and instead has a piece of fabric cover he bride’s chest and neck. The fabric is usually transparent sheer, but can also be mostly lace or some combination of both. Choosing this type of dress is mostly a matter of visual preference, and some brides also report that the halter made them feel more comfortable and less exposed when compared to a strapless or even a strapped gown.
- A mermaid wedding gown features a distinct mermaid-esque lower body look, like its name suggests. Tight around the thighs and loose from the knees onwards, this design is a distinct and beautiful one, but it won’t suit every bride, as some prefer their wedding dresses to start expanding from the waist. Certain models of mermaid wedding dresses can also limit movement to an extent, meaning that walking in them could take some getting used to. These dresses are also less forgiving in terms of how much of your figure will be on display, as only a small part of the dress will usually be loose.
- A sweetheart wedding dress is one that has a heart-shaped bust edge as opposed to a V-neck. This is also a choice that is mostly based on preference, although it’s worth to note that a V-neck might reveal more bosom than a sweetheart finish.
You can easily find a wedding dress that has any combination of the above features, given enough searching. Don’t be afraid to do away with any styles, patterns or materials you aren’t completely sold on – it’s your big day, and they don’t say it should be perfect for no reason.
What wedding dress style can you pull off?
Of course, every bride should wear a wedding dress that she finds most enchanting and appropriate for the event, but the limitations of a person’s body often play a big role in the dress choice. This doesn’t mean that you can’t pick a wedding dress regardless of your body type, but you will look that much better in one that pronounces your best features and hides any perceived flaws.
Brides with slimmer figures should absolutely go for dresses that will reflect that. Without much trouble, you can find a wedding dress that showcases your slender physique while also having an extravagant, loose finish. If you’d like a more traditional wedding dress as opposed to one with a heavy mermaid design, you can compensate by choosing a sleeveless model, and perhaps one without a halter.
Wedding dresses come in a wide variety of sizes so that every bride can feel comfortable wearing one. However, this means that you must be completely straightforward with your measurements when buying or ordering a dress – being completely honest will prevent you from being uncomfortable in a dress that is too small.
Wedding gowns are usually designed after a measurement of bust, hips and waist is done. This allows for the best fit possible regardless of body type, and makes for a piece of clothing that the bride can wear for hours on end without feeling encumbered. When taking your measurement, make sure to measure the fullest part of the hips(bottom and thighs), the natural waist(just above the belly button) and your bust with your aims raised. This will create the measurements for a perfect gown for your size.
Many brides are concerned with whether plus size wedding dresses are available, and also whether they will be able to find one that is appealing to them. Fortunately, the industry fully caters to brides carrying a little extra weight, and plus size wedding dresses are not only widely available but oftentimes just as visually appealing as standard-sized ones.
If you have found the perfect dress but feel it might need just a little bit of retouching, don’t be afraid to have alterations done to it. This, however, comes with a few warnings. Wedding gown alterations can be done for both aesthetic and comfort purposes, but make sure not to go overboard and lose the original design of the dress. They are most often done to create a true perfect fit for a bride. When getting alterations, make sure that the tailor is a highly-skilled one(preferably one with experience doing exactly this type of work) in order to prevent any unwanted changes. Also, be mindful of the price – alterations should only cost a small part of what the price of the dress was. In general, you should definitely avoid paying more than 20 percent of the gown’s price for the alterations, but even that can be too much in certain cases.
Shopping for the perfect wedding dress
You might know the size and style of the dress you like, but you still have a long way to go. Shopping for wedding dresses can be a tedious process without knowing where to look for, which is why many brides nowadays opt to order a dress online instead of visiting multiple shops and trying out different dresses.
Buying in a store certainly has many pros over online shopping. The most important one is that you won’t end up with a dress that doesn’t fit your body comfortably, which would force you to perform alterations that can be costly. Another big factor is knowing how the dress looks on you – you might like the dress, but you can’t know whether it’s a good fit for you until you have tried it on.
Before going to stores, make sure to do all the necessary research online to find out which wedding dresses are considered the most fashionable, and also to know the many different types out there. Even if you visit multiple stores, without online research, you might miss out on some dress styles that you’d very much like.
When going to the store, look to bring someone whose opinion you value along. Generally, this should be one or more of your female friends, all of whom you are sure have your interest in mind. Their opinion might prove to be a valuable resource, but never let them decide for you. Also, don’t be afraid to say you don’t like a dress for whichever reason – it’s your day, and you should have the dress that you find flawless.
While the salesperson in these stores will definitely want to sell their product, don’t hesitate to consult them in regards to anything involving wedding gowns. They have their job for a reason: usually, they will be very knowledgeable about the different types of fabric and styles and how they all fit different bodies. They might even help you decide on a dress objectively.
Last, but not least, don’t be afraid to try even those wedding dresses that you don’t think you’d go for. More than one bride tried out a wedding gown she found to be „out there“ and ended up buying it after realizing it’s a perfect fit. This also goes for brides who might need a plus size dress: far too often, brides whose bodies are crossing into the area of plus size wedding dresses are unwilling to try those on because of their label. This is not only silly, but might also prevent you from wearing a comfortable dress that you’d look good in.
Online Wedding dress shopping and budget management
The reasons why you’d want to buy a dress online can vary, from wanting to reduce the hassle to wanting to save up some money. Some brides simply feel that going to stores and trying out dresses is too much for them, and will instead want to reduce their bother by purchasing a dress online. This tends to work best for women with more traditional bodily measurements, as they run a lesser risk of ordering a dress that doesn’t fit them well.
Another reason to buy a dress online is the fact that, oftentimes,online dresses can be much cheaper than those in wedding dress stores. It’s true that wedding gowns can sometimes cost several thousands of dollars depending on their designer and the materials used, and many wedding stores will only sell gowns that, while not quite as pricey, are still too expensive for quite a few brides. If buying a wedding dress online, make sure to do so from a shop that accepts returns in case the size doesn’t fit you perfectly.
You shouldn’t let the wedding dress make too big of a dent in your budget, considering you probably have quite a few more other wedding expenses to cover. However, there’s much to be said about commemorating a special event sufficiently: if you get a wedding dress that’s too cheap, you stand a good chance of regretting it. Even more so than men, women find the day of the wedding incredibly important, and remember it clearly for years or decades to come. Therefore, do your best to wear a wedding dress that’s just extravagant enough to make you feel like you are special.
Our wedding is certainly one of the biggest moments in our lives, and we should do our best to make the day as notable as possible. What we wear during this landmark is, without a doubt, hugely important. While men only need to worry about slightly different types of suits, women have an astounding variety of choices that can confuse many.
Because of this, every bride should remember to have fun while picking her wedding dress, and also to take as much time as needed. Don’t let anyone, including yourself, rush you into picking a dress you might not be completely in agreement with. Once you go over those wedding pictures, you’ll be glad you took your time to choose the perfect attire.
by Bridal Wear // March 25, 2015 // No Comments
Weddings do not come often so it is vital that you have the prettiest wedding dress possible.
If your budget allows you can get a dress from one of the top 10 most popular designer wedding dresses. With wedding designers you are guaranteed to get what you really want for your wedding.
Although it is much expensive to go for these option it is really worth it and you will not regret it if you go for the best designer.
Below are some of the top most renowned for designers wedding dresses from whom you can choose to buy you wedding dress:
The first is the Marchesa. Which is a brand company that was established by Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig and it is based in New York that specializes in high-end women’s wear. It is sold in high-end department stores like Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Net-a-Porter and Neiman Marcus.
Second position goes to Pronovias that is a fashion company located in Barcelona. Most of the wedding dresses that are associated with it have wide and cascading trains complemented by subtly tucked pockets.
Following is Ines di Santo an Italian who is among the leading designers of bridal couture. Her creations highlight femininity and are characterized by their exact fit, originality and construction. The gowns are made in Toronto where di Santo has her ateliers. She still personally oversees the production of every gown to ensure the quality of the work.
In the fourth position is Peter Langner who is a self-driven designer who is based in Rome where he has hooked up with Italian artisans to help cut, sew and embroider his designs. He also has another store in Madrid among other 70 stores in three continents.
Then comes Reem Acra. She is a fashion designer who hails Lebanon. She started out in 1997
with an elegant bridal collection. Her creations are sold in some of the most exclusive retailers in the world, including Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Harvey Nichols.
Number five goes to the United Kingdom Jenny Packham, who is well known for her wedding gowns and ready to wear clothes. She established her brand in 1988, starting out with bridal gowns and evening wear. She has recently added bridal accessories to her offering. She also has a lingerie line. Her latest gown was the asymmetrical dress with Swarovski crystals encrusted in different places.
In sixth position is Hayley Paige who is a self-proclaimed designer who provides a fun and fresh look that still maintains keenness and just the right amount of refinement. Chic and stylish combinations of polished shapes characterize her unique style. Her playful manipulations have resulted in cute and modern dresses. She also introduced the short dress for the wedding march.
Then there is the Venezuelan Carolina Herrerais, whose stylish designs are notable because of its lack of fuss and she has been known to dress US first Ladies all the way from the time of Jacqueline Kennedy to Michelle Obama. Herrera got her training from her grandmother who exposed her to the world of fashion design by taking her to shows and buying her clothes from Balenciaga, Lanvin and Christian Dior.
In ninth position is Angel Sanchez who is also from Venezuela. With some of her recent collections have featuring hand painted silk gauze that shows an edgy quality, though it is tender and delicate in its approach.
And closing our top ten list is Vera Ellen Wang, a former figure skater who is now a fashion designer based in New York. She is popular for her wedding gown collections and haute couture bridesmaid gowns
« Older posts
Completely Covered Swarovski Crystal Wedding Cake Toppers Prepackaged healthy snacks
[Today gold rate in Chennai Gold rate today in Chennai per gram is Rs. 2,730.00. 1.